Holy Cross Parish Centre (Parish House)
555 Lefrançois Street, Rosemère, Québec, J7A 4R5
In 1965, a committee was formed to study the feasibility of a Catholic Parish in the area and on Dec. 21st, 1967 the parish was founded. In 1968, the Holy Cross Parish was canonically erected. In 1990 the Holy Cross Parish Centre (pictured above) was constructed at 555 Lefrançois Street, in Rosemere (map). Built as a large brick bungalow, it contains a medium-sized hall, 2 kitchens, 2 offices, a small chapel, and 2 meeting rooms. Mass was celebrated for many years in the Sacred Heart Brothers Chapel. This parish serves the Catholic Anglophone community in Rosemere and the surrounding areas of Lorraine, Bois-des-Filion, Ste Thérèse, Blainville, Boisbriand, and Terrebonne. The Parish centre is the site of many parish events such as the annual picnic, the monthly warden’s meetings, religious instruction courses, Catholic youth group assemblies, and choir practices.
In July of 2007, mass service was moved from the Sacred Heart Brothers Chapel (at left) to Ste. Françoise Cabrini Church (pictured right) at the corner of Grande Côte and Rue de l’Église (map). All are welcome at the Holy Cross Parish, which is a vibrant community offering Catholic Anglophones the opportunity to worship in English.
Ste Françoise Cabrini Church
210 Rue De L`Eglise, Rosemère, Québec, J7A 2X2
The Ste. Françoise Cabrini church, which is located at the corner of Grande Côte and Rue de l’Église (map), is named after Francesca Cabrini, who was born on July 15, 1850, in Santo Angelo, Italy. In Italy, she ran orphanages and opened schools that were of excellence. She worked passionately, in Italy, until she became aware of the plight of Italian immigrants in the United States. Many were living lives of desperation, which drove her to immigrate to the United States to go to their aid.
Once again, her spirit was unfailing, founding orphanages, schools, and running a hospital. She traveled back and forth through Italy and the United States, as well as, England, France, Spain, and South America, continuing her mission to establish orphanages, schools, and hospitals. Eventually, she became a U.S. citizen and has the distinction of being the first U.S. citizen to be elevated to sainthood. The beatification process began in 1929, leading to her becoming Blessed Mother Cabrini, in 1939, with an official canonization ceremony having been held on July 7th, 1946, at St. Peter’s, in Italy.
We invite you to come celebrate English mass with us in this beautiful church, which is dedicated to Ste. Françoise Cabrini, the patroness of immigrants.